Saturday, August 10, 2013

Modern [Flapper]


With the latest round of Collabor88 in full swing, the feeds are filled with all of the great vintage inspirations from the Razzle Dazzle 20s inspired theme.  I started thinking more of how to make a look more up-to-date and chic but keeping with that vintage feel. My modern flapper was born.


Challenging myself with this modern flapper look, I wanted also to apply this vintage vs modern quest to my inventory. We often get so wrapped up into buying the NEW,  when we have some fabulous creations gathering virtual dust in our massive inventories.  So this look is all about mixing the vintage with the new to create a cohesive style.

The ISON vest is really a masterpiece and on it's way to be an essential in my wardrobe. Paired with the Victoria shorts from LeeZu, you get a silhouette reminiscent of a traditional flapper dress.  The hair is styled in a completely vintage shape, but the fiery red is perfectly modern.  My accents are some of my unique vintage LeeZu finds mixed with modern mesh trims.
 
In keeping with the theme, it reminded me about my obsession with the Gatsby soundtrack. It's filled with AMAZING tuneage.  Today I was feeling the Andre3000/Beyonce cover of the famous Back to Black. It takes this modern song with a retro vibe from the amazing Amy Winehouse to a whole new level. Listen HERE.

Be safe out there my little fashionistas! The world is full of great finds, shop responsibly!

Happy Shopping!

Love, Vi

Do you like what you see? For all the great scoop, follow my blog and like my FB page!

Model/Photographer: Vixie Rayna

Styling Details AFTER The Jump!


Style Card:
Hair: -LaViere-   Elizabeth/Fire [NEW] *Collabor88*
Flower: [LeeZu!] - NOiR Papillon De Nuit Flower Hairband  (From Outfit)
Skin: Essences - Semiluna - Light Rose (Cherry Blossom) *brunette* [From March TLC]
Eyes: IKON - Eternal Eyes - Glass (S)
Lips: La Malvada Mujer - Kiki#2 (lips)
Vest: ISON - razzle vest -M- (black) [NEW] *Collabor88*
Shirt: PRISS - Flowered Tank in Concrete (Undershirt)
Hands: Slink - Mesh Hands (av) Casual/ Elegant XS
Cuffs: *BOOM* - Bold wrist cuff (v1) L Titanium
Whips: [LeeZu!] - BDSM Liquid Latex Roses /black
Shorts: [LeeZu!] - Victoria Pants S (mesh,rigged) /black [NEW]
Boots: Baiastice - Knee platform stretch boots- fabric-black -XS

Poses: Del May by Del May and Marukin by Valencia Southard

Location: Baiastice

No comments: